Wine Holidays in France
Since Roman times, France has been one of the most important wine producing countries in the world. The classic wines of Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Rhone and Champagne have influenced wine producers throughout the world.
Champagne is synonymous with celebrations, known as the wine of Kings and the King of wines. Epernay is considered the capital of Champagne and home the one of the most famous addresses in the world, 'Avenue de Champagne'. Veuve Clicquot, Moet & Chandon, Mumm and Taittinger are just a few of the Champagne houses and of course you must not forget Bollinger.
The Bordeaux wine region boasts 50 different appellations, with the wines produced from a blend of the 13 grape varieties permitted under the Bordeaux AOC regulations. Within the Dordogne region there are premium wine regions from the Medoc, Saint-Emilion, Graves and Sauternes.
Burgundy has Norman abbeys, Chateaux, ducal towns and charming villages. Beaune is the wine capital of the region, with red wines made from the Pinot grape and white wine from the Chardonnay frape.
There are so many other options including Chablis, Sancerre, the Loire Valley, Alsace, the Rhone Valley and Provence.
There are tours for every taste and budget with Essential breaks designed to provide an introduction to the region and its wines. Exclusive breaks offer luxury in the wine region of your choice, allowing you to sample Prestige Cuvees and superlative wines. Hidden Gems use hand picked, unique and characterful properties and touring at a slower pace. You may wish to travel as part of a group of friends or as a couple, a Bespoke tour will give you a truly personal service.
- 3 or 4 days including 2 breakfast, 1 dinner (3 days) or 3 breakfast, 2 dinner (4 days).
- 3 Chateaux visits tasting up to 8 wines (3 days), 5 Chateaux visits and 1 tasting session tasting up to 15 wines (4 days).
- Dinner at Gordon Ramsey Michelin starred restaurant.
- 5* hotel from £1259 per person (3 days) or from £1953 per person (4 days)
- 3 or 4 days including 2 breakfast, 1 lunch (3 days) or 3 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner (4 days). 2 Champagne houses,
- 1 tasting sessions and up to 15 wines (3 days) or 4 Champagne houses, 1 tasting session and up to 20 wines.
- 3* hotel from £453 per person (3 days) from £752 per person (4 days), 4* from £500 per person (3 days) from £823 per person (4 days), 5* from £585 per person (3 days) from £946 per person (4 days)
Simply Northern Rhone
- 2 or 3 days including 1 breakfast, 1 lunch (2 days) or 2 breakfast, 1 lunch (3 days).
- 1 winery visit and one tasting session tasting up to 10 wines (2 or 3 days).
- 3* hotel from £175 per person (2 days) from £222 per person (3 days)
- Travel from the UK
- Holiday Insurance
- Items of a personal nature