Wine Holidays in Italy
Italy is the second largest wine producing country in the world, has the most extensive variety of individual wine styles, differing local climates and indigenous grapes in the world.
Tuscany boasts beautiful landscapes and unique gastronomic traditions. Wine has been produced since the 8th century BC and is home to some notable wines, 80% of which are red. The Sangiovese grape is Tuscany's most prominent, used in Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.
Piedmont is renowned for its quaint vineyards and its local produce including cheese and truffles. Piedmont's most famous wine is Barolo, a robust and velvety wine which undergoes a long period of ageing.
Valpolocella, Sicily, Puglia and the Amalfi Coast are all seasoned wine producers however the Veneto is the region on everyone's lips. Fantastically fruity and fizzy, Prosecco is booming and is now a popular choice for most occasions.
There are tours for every taste and budget with Essential breaks designed to provide an introduction to the region and its wines. Exclusive breaks offer luxury in the wine region of your choice, allowing you to sample Prestige Cuvees and superlative wines. Hidden Gems use hand picked, unique and characterful properties and touring at a slower pace. You may wish to travel as part of a group of friends or as a couple, a Bespoke tour will give you a truly personal service.
- 2 or 3 days including 1 breakfast, 1 picnic lunch (2 days) or 2 breakfast, 1 picnic lunch (3 days).
- 1 winery visit tasting 2 wines.
- 4* hotel from £254 per person (2 days) or from £306 per person (3 days)
Chianti WIne & Fiat 500's
- 3 or 4 days including 2 breakfast, 1 lunch (3 days) or 3 breakfast, 2 lunch (4 days). 1 winery,
- 1 tasting session in Florence and 6 wines (3 days) or 4 wineries, 1 tasting session in Florence and 15 wines (4 days).
- Guided convoy tour in a Fiat 500.
- 3* hotel from £400 per person (3 days) from £641 (4 days), 4* hotel from £446 per person (3 days) from £711 per person (4 days)
- 3 or 4 days including 2 breakfast, 1 lunch (3 days) or 3 breakfast, 2 lunch (4 days).
- 2 wineries and up to 13 wines (3 days) or 4 wineries and up to 23 wines.
- 5* hotel from £860 per person (3 days), from £1544 per person (4 days)
- Travel from the UK
- Holiday Insurance
- Items of a personal nature