Wine Holidays in Spain
Spain has more land devoted to vineyards than any other country in the world. The majority of Spain's finest wines come from the north, where the mountainous landscape keeps the vines protected from the heat of the summer.
La Rioja is well known for its hilltop medieval towns, impressive mountains and huge monasteries. DOC Rioja wines are made from grapes grown in Navarre and Alava as well as Rioja itself. There are three wine regions of Rioja Alta, old world style wine, Rioja Alavesa, full bodied wine, Rioja Baja, deeply coloured and highly alcoholic.
Jerez in south western Spain, the home to flamenco, has been producing sherry for more than 2000 years. A very labour intensive and complex wine made from Palomino grapes.
Cava has been produced sine the 1860's using the method champenoise and must be aged for at least nine months. The grapes are grown in Catalunya but 90% of Cava production is on the town of Sant Sadumi d'Anoia.
There are tours for every taste and budget with Essential breaks designed to provide an introduction to the region and its wines. Exclusive breaks offer luxury in the wine region of your choice, allowing you to sample Prestige Cuvees and superlative wines. Hidden Gems use hand picked, unique and characterful properties and touring at a slower pace. You may wish to travel as part of a group of friends or as a couple, a Bespoke tour will give you a truly personal service.
- 3 or 4 days stay including 2 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner (3 days) or 2 breakfast, 2 lunch & 1 dinner (4days)
- 3 wineries and 10 wines (3 days) or 5 wineries, tasting session and 20 wines.
- 4* hotel from £463 per person (3 days), from £844 per person (4 days)
- 3 or 4 days stay including 2 breakfast and 1 dinner (3 days) or 3 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner (4 days). 3 wineries,
- 1 tasting session and 15 wines (3 days) or 4 wineries, 2 tasting sessions and 25 wines including a winery lunch and 25 wines (4 days).
- 5* hotel from £942 per person (3 days) or from £1458 per person (4 days)
- Flights from the UK
- Holiday Insurance
- Items of a personal nature